Saturday, October 29, 2005

Last post from Shanghai




My last dinner was at the Whampoa Club at 3 on the Bund. I had this great view from my table.
The food was sort of Chinese nouvelle cuisine.My appetizer was squid stuffed with sweet rice, barbequed pork and mushrooms, and seafood and cheese (!) baked in a hairy crab shell. It was good but I thought the fried vegetable dumpling I had on the street this morning was really great. Some of the street food is amazing. Almost everyday on my way to class I would buy my breakfast from a lady selling fried bread that she smashed into the middle of a ball of rice along with some pickled vegetables. It might not sound that good but combination of the hot rice and the crunchy bread really hit the spot.
If you are seeing my blog for the first time you might want to click on "Archives October 2005" on the right to see the whole blog. Email me at cwoo@svn.net

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home