Wednesday, October 26, 2005

China Internet

The single light fixture that works in my room uses about a 20 watt bulb. I went to the supermarket and bought a lamp to use by my bed so I could read at night. But the Internet connection is another story. It is incredibly fast - I'll have a hard time adjusting to cable when I get home. I've been able to transfer big photo files to my blog in a second. Here is a picture of the setup in the hallway. The line is split for 2 rooms. The big problem for people here is that several websites are blocked. Blogger is one of them so I haven't been able to view my site although I have heard that the Hotmail blogsite is visible from here. It seems that it would be nearly impossible for the government to keep up with all the new sites that crop up every day on the web.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home